City : Helpful Hexagon : Help on Abuse and Hate Crime
Abuse and Hate Crime...
Abuse and Hate Crime are very serious criminal activity, so if you're being abused or experiencing hate or discrimination get in touch with the police.
Below we've listed how you can get help with abuse and hate crime...
Where can I get help from?
- Tell the police.
- Tell someone like your care manager, your parents, a good friend, your support worker.
- Tell the Reading Borough Council Adult or Children's Safeguarding service: Adult - 0118 937 3747 Children - 0118 937 3641.
- If you are out, find a Safe Place to get help - (Safe Places will have a sticker in their window.)
Where can I find out more?
- ARC UK: Safety Net - recognise and report incidents of hate and mate crime.
- Respond - help for those with learning diabilities who have experienced abuse or trauma.
- Stop Hate UK - an organisation that aims to challenge all forms of Hate Crime and discrimination.
All disability hate crime is wrong and should be reported.