City : Interview Stage : Common interview questions
Here are some questions that you might want to think about preparing. Of course there are loads of questions that you could be asked so you can never predict exactly which questions you will get.
Questions about you
- Do you have any questions to ask us?
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What can you add to this role?
- What are your goals?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Who are our main competitors?
- What does our company do?
- What was your last salary? What salary are you seeking?
- What are your main interests, hobbies, activities and pastimes?
- What is your motivation for getting this job?
- Why would you be a good fit for our company?
- Who else have you applied to?
- What would be your ideal working environment?
- What type of company do you like to work in?
- Describe a recent major challenge that you have faced
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Describe a time when you led a team
- Describe a time when you worked in a team
- What has been your greatest achievement?
- Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult person
- Describe a situation where you solved a problem
- Describe a time where you have dealt with adversity
- Describe a time when you have influenced or persuaded another person to follow your idea
Answering Interview Questions
Keep your answers relevant.
Answering Competency Questions
- Situation: What was the background to the situation
- Task: What was the challenge, what needed to be done?
- Action: What did you do specifically. Although they may be interested in teamwork skills you need to show how you made a difference.
- Result: What was the outcome? Even if the overall result was not ideal try and mention the things that did go well. Try, if you can, to be specific e.g. give numbers of how you improved performance or made sales.